Walk forward without fear (from connecting the dots - newsletter)

Walk forward without fear

---
Connecting the dots, 26th Jan. 2022:

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love casts out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears has not been made perfect in love."
1 JOHN 4:18

For years, I read the above verse and thought I understood it, but didn't.

I thought, "Well, that sounds nice. God loves me and watches over me. I need not fear." And this is true, but then it hit me. If I'm living as though the words of this scripture are true, I must not only accept his love, but live in it.

When I live in God's love, I know nothing I can do will separate me from him. I know others' rejection of me doesn't matter because he will never reject me, once I've declared my devotion to him.

Living in his love means I can walk forward without fear because I know even if trials, discomfort or tragedy lies ahead, he will be with me.

The trials are not punishment, but an opportunity for me to grow in his love even more. They're when I declare his truth over me- that his presence goes before me, beside me, and has my back.

Living in his love means I can love others even if they don't reciprocate, because the love Christ gives me is sufficient, complete, and unconditional.

Dear God, please teach me the true meaning of living in the light of your love, absent of all fear. In Jesus' name, amen.


Komentar

Postingan Populer