Michael Ledner, the story behind "You are my hiding place."

Michael Ledner, the story behind "You are my hiding place."
YOU ARE MY HIDING PLACE, written in 1981
The Story
Michael Ledner, the author of this song, was going through a low point in his life. Separated from his wife, he was living in a small, rented room in Tucson, Arizona.
Seated on his bed, with his guitar on his lap and his Bible, open to the Psalms, beside him, he looked for something to sing about. He stopped reading at Psalm 32:7: “You are my Hiding Place”. Then he remembered a phrase in Psalm 56: “When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.” That was enough to get him started on a new song… this song.
But, after the song was finished, he had second thoughts. Looking at the words, he thoughts they might have sounded too weak and timid; something other than a bold Christian should sing. The words “afraid”, “hiding” and “weak” were not manly sounding words at all! Then he remembered that people like David, Moses, and Paul all talked about hiding, being afraid, and being weak… and they were real men. Gradually, as he worked through his emotions, he realized his own song was teaching him about the true nature of manliness and even being human.
After all, the apostle Paul told us God’s strength is made perfect in our weakness. There are times when we all feel we need a place to hide.
The Song
Read this Scripture song, and – today – find a place to hide in God.
You are my hiding place;
You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance,
whenever I am afraid…
I will trust in You.

I will trust in You.
Let the weak say I am strong
in the strength of the Lord....
Sources:
(1) https://thescottspot.wordpress.com/2016/11/11/you-are-my-hiding-place-written-in-1981/
(2) https://www.michaellednerartist.com/about


Illustration

Komentar

Postingan Populer