"While we were stilll sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8

"But God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
ROMANS 5:8

God loved me anyway. 

All the while that I had led a life that went against everything the Bible taught, He had loved me.

He loved me when I didn't love myself.

He loved me when I turned my back on Him.

But most importantly He loved me when I returned to Him in shame. He never made me feel unworthy, but simply welcome. I felt welcome to return home.

And He loved me even now, when I fell short on the daily. He loved me when I was envious, when I was angry, when I was impatient, or when I was ungrateful. He loved me even though I messed up over and over again. He loved me even when I was especially unlovable. 

He loved me anyway.

In a world that bases so much on performance, it's nice to be loved just because. Nothing can remove me from His love. I'm good enough, and though I can strive each day to do better because I love Him in return, I don't have to worry that I must be without fault to be saved. I base my actions for improvement on our relationship, not on an idea that I must please Him to be loved.

He loves me despite my past, He loves me despite my current shortcomings, and He loves me despite how I may fail in the future. He loves me anyway.

Dear God, thank You for loving me just because. Thank You for loving me anyway. I love you! In Jesus' name, amen.

Komentar

Postingan Populer