God's voice is quiet, yet powerful (connecting the dots)

 God's voice is quiet, yet powerful 


source: connecting the dots

It doesn’t matter if you don’t have the money…I’ll provide. Trust Me. I heard God loud and clear. I started to open my mouth…but what if I embarrass his family even more?

Another shove. Stronger this time.

“I’ve got it,” I blurted out loudly, as heat flooded my face.

The store was empty, there was no one else in our line, and I watched this man slowly turn, his jaw dropped open. I turned to the cashier. “Please put everything back. I’ll get it all.”

“Are you sure?” the cashier said, with shock in her voice. I nodded while looking at the girl and the boy. Their eyes were like saucers.

“Yes, absolutely. I can go ahead and swipe my card.”

I look at the dad. He’s crying now. His daughter is hugging him.

Then I pay for my things as well. Praying God would cover it (He did).

The dad is waiting at the end of the lane. Still crying and hugging his precious children.

“I don’t know how to thank you,” he whispers.

“It’s okay. I wanted to help. I know it’s what God told me to do. And I have been there.” I replied quietly.


Flash forward to February 23rd.

My family and I are sitting in church, and we had just finished the worship time when our Pastor was getting ready to preach. I look to my left, and my stomach literally plummets to the ground. Then my heart begins to race.

At the end of our pew, sat the same Dad and his 2 children.

They were right there, the only other people in our row. I begin to sob. My skin is covered in goosebumps. I never told him I was a Christian. I never even told him where I went to church. I just obeyed God. The same One who brought this dad and his family to my church that Sunday.

It’s not about me.

Glory to the Lord God Almighty, great things HE hath done.

Dear God, thank you that through your still small voice, you nudge me to be a blessing to your children. I praise you for using me as a vessel in your beautiful plan to call all your children to know You more. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Komentar

Postingan Populer