Question to ponder nowadays: "Quo Vadis, Church?"

Question to ponder nowadays: "Quo Vadis, Church?"

Shalom aleikhem,

Although I'm not so fond of apocriphal Gospels, allow me to share one of favorite words from Acts of Peter: Quo vadis, Domine? (**)

 " According to a legend, first found in the 'Acts of St Peter', the words 'Domine quo vadis?' ('Lord, where are you going?') were spoken by St Peter when, fleeing from Rome, he met Christ, who replied, 'I am going to be crucified again.'"

Nonetheless, nowadays we all know where Jesus Christ is going...He is ready to return to this Earth, where all of us belong to Him and Father in Heaven..

despite of that clear fact according to the Gospel and the Bible, it is clear that several of churches are heading somewhere else (*)

now, it seems time to ask to you, yes, all of Churches as the Body of Christ..quo vadis , Church?

===
just a reminder to an old Christian hymn, and slightly modified to this Generation Z and Generation millennials who are very accustomed to follow and unfollow Jesus..

here is modified song:

I've decided to follow (or unfollow ?) Jesus (***)

I have decided not to un-follow Jesus;I have decided not to un-follow Jesus;I have decided not to un-follow Jesus;No turning back, no turning back.
2. Tho' none go with me, I still won't un-follow,
Tho' none go with me I still won't un-follow,Tho' none go with me, I still won't un-follow;No turning back, no turning back.
3. My cross I'll carry, till I see Jesus;My cross I'll carry till I see Jesus,My cross I'll carry till I see Jesus;No turning back, No turning back.
4. The world behind me, the cross before me,The world behind me, the cross before me;The world behind me, the cross before me;No turning back, no turning back.


may God be with you and your family,

16th April 2023, pk. 13:03

Sources:

Komentar

Postingan Populer