You can trust God -- connecting the dots

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
LUKE 6:38

For me, it was always the bank balance. That was the hardest load not to carry. I assumed it gave me peace and comfort to budget accordingly, but in all reality, it only added to my stress. Bills multiplied, stuff broke, and unexpected illnesses occurred. So, no matter how much I thought I had a handle on my checkbook, it always fell apart. There never seemed to be enough. Can you relate?

At the beginning of this year I felt the Lord pricking my heart to release that last bit of my life. You see, tithing for me wasn't about the money as much as it was about control. And I knew we weren't necessarily giving money to the church because they really needed our money to make ends meet. God was telling us to tithe for what it would do in my heart and my relationship with Him. It was about letting go and letting God. It was about trusting Him for our provision. It was about believing He would provide what we needed, always, even when I could not see how. 

Some paydays I saw more debits due than the credits available. We had more bills than we had paycheck. It would be easy to not tithe those weeks, to say I'd pick it back up next time, but I refused. It wasn't that it would hurt the church's offering plate. It's that it would hurt my faith. So, I gave even when I didn't feel like we had it to give. I gave when my logic told me I shouldn't. I gave, no matter what, because that's what God told me to do.

It didn't make sense financially, but we knew it was His will, for whatever reason, so we followed. And we followed in faith. Through His wonderful mercy and grace, we followed in faith. It wasn't our strength of faith, but rather Him at work in us. We simply allowed Him access to our hearts and every part of our lives. In turn, He controlled every aspect. 

I finally had let go of all control over finances in my life, and in turn He took over that part, far better than I ever could. I suppose it's easy to lose sight. We look around and can't figure out how God will work it out, but He always has a way. Our job is to trust Him always, in all things.

Dear God, thank You that I can trust You with my finances. You are my provider! In Jesus' name, amen.

Komentar

Postingan Populer