God doesn't love us equally - by Connecting the Dots


"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
PSALM 139:14

Lisa Bevere poses a question in the following video that has doubtless been on the minds of many believers. What if God doesn't love us all the same?

Bevere recalls how she was battling jetlag and lying down to take a nap one day when the thought came to her: The Holy Spirit said, "I do not love my children equally."

Bevere explains she was dumbfounded by the statement. Surely God loves us all the same. Surely he couldn't do something like play favorites. But the Holy Spirit went on to explain, "Same would mean one of you are replaceable…I don't love my children equally. I love them uniquely."

The word "unique" caught Bevere's attention, so she looked up the definition: "Sole representative of." Meaning, you are the only one who represents God the way you represent God. However, the third tier of the definition was her favorite: Without rival.

"There is no rival for your place in God's heart. There is no rival for your place in this world."

Komentar

Postingan Populer