You're not too blessed to be stressed - connecting the dots

And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand."
MATTHEW 7:26

Here's what happened with me the other night. Financial stress came on me hard, but then I remembered the truth. Even in my hardships, I am blessed. Even in this stressful life and its stressful problems, I am blessed. I'm not too blessed to be stressed, but I am blessed despite my stress. Even in spite of my stress.

But then do you know what happened? I was feeling good, riding along smoothly on my faith, feeling rather good about myself.

Why, yes, I have grown so much spiritually. Thank you.

When all of the sudden, out of nowhere, the bottom fell out. Man! Doesn't it always seem to happen that way? You're dealing with a nightmare of a problem. You're certain it can't get any worse! And then bam. The worse happens, and you're back to square one, trying not to chew your nails to bits, eat a whole tub of ice cream, or cuss a blue streak from Kansas to Miami. I'm not saying I ate half a pie, last night, but I'm not saying I didn't. Stress! It happens. Again, and again.

It's in those moments where it really does seem like the ocean, and wave after wave tries to beat you down. You eat some sand, and in those moments, with the grit in your teeth, you might not feel very blessed. But when your face gets pushed in the sand you only need to remember one thing. It's just sand.

All the problems you come across. It's just sand. All the things you love that you fear leaving you. It's just sand. The things you cannot change. It's just sand. Here today, gone tomorrow. Build some castles, but don't try to stand on it. Sand shifts, you know. It can make you sink. But in the end, whether our castles stand tall or fall flat, it's really the rock on which we stand. The storms just happen to remind us of that. So we are blessed. Stressed, sometimes, yes, but blessed, always.

Dear God, thank you that amidst the stressors in my life, your peace and joy is yet to be found. There is no stress that can surmount how blessed I am by your perfect love. In Jesus' name, amen.

Komentar

Postingan Populer