How to pray throughout a busy day

"

Prayer is our primary means of communication with God, and it is only through God that we have the strength, abilities and wisdom we need to face a busy day. But when we're so busy, when is there time to pray? My answer may surprise you: Always. 

We don't have to stop everything in order to pray. Instead, let these short, simple prayers run through your mind as you go about your everyday tasks — your conversation with God will become a soundtrack underscoring your ordinary days, transforming them into something extraordinarily beautiful and meaningful.

1. Thank you for this day.

"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24 NKJV)

Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you that you hold all of our days and know everything that will happen today. Please, go before me today. Give me strength in the midst of weariness and hope in the midst of any frustrations or hurts. I need you Lord, every hour, I need you. I surrender this day to you, trusting in your mercy, strength and grace.

2. Be with me.

"The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid." (Psalm 118:6)

Lord, be with me. Already I feel consumed with overwhelm as I think about all that is before me today. Feelings of frustration have already started to surface as little annoyances pop up. Lord, I give these to you. Be with me now. Spirit, protect me from myself — my tendency to anger or impatience. Help me see my life through your eyes, Father.

3. You are so good.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." (1 Chronicles 16:34)

Lord, you are so, so good. There is no darkness within you, no meanness, no harshness. You are fully good and fully good to me, even as I know you allow trials to test me. Help me take each trial that comes and see it as an opportunity to faithfully give you glory.

4. Give me strength for this day.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)

Lord, give me strength for today. I am tired, mostly tired of battling my sinfulness and the brokenness of this world and all the ways it manifests itself: in heavy traffic, in injuries and insults, in small trials that get under my skin and get my focus off of you. I need strength to handle all of these things with grace. I am incapable apart from you! Give me strength, O Lord I pray!

5. Protect me.

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." (Luke 10:19)

Lord, protect me! Protect me from injury and harm, disease and painful words. Protect me from Satan and his attempts to despair. Protect me from myself and my tendency to do too much self-reflection. Protect me from my own sin of envy, greed, lust… you name it, I need your protection, Lord! Thank you for always protecting me. You are my shield, you hide me under your wing. Thank you, Lord.

Dear God, help me to draw close to you in prayer, even on my busiest days. In Jesus' name, amen.

Komentar

Postingan Populer